Management functions refer to the fundamental processes or activities that managers carry out in order to achieve the goals and objectives of an organization. These functions include:
- Planning: involves setting goals and objectives, and determining how to achieve them.
- Organizing: involves arranging resources and establishing the structure of the organization.
- Staffing: involves recruiting, hiring, and training employees to carry out the tasks and activities required to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Leading: involves motivating and directing employees to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Controlling: involves monitoring progress and taking corrective action to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
Together, these functions work together to ensure that an organization is able to achieve its goals and objectives in an effective and efficient manner.